Project Nurse Podcast - 03: Why Resilience is Critical for Your Success with Dr. Helen Hodges RN, PhD
In this episode of The Project Nurse Podcast, I chat with Dr. Helen Hodges, a nurse researcher who has done some fascinating research on resilience, which I believe is the most important characteristic to look for when hiring a great nurse.
- Helen F Hodges, PhD, RN at Mercer University in Atlanta Georgia
- Hospitals have had a dramatic decline in experienced nurses
- 5-year career trajectory in acute care is common
- Dropout rates for new graduates are increasing. Approximately 60 % of new grad RNs leave their job before the end of their first year
- Is it because of nursing school not preparing?
- Unrealistic expectations about work and happiness?
- What makes a good preceptor?
- What is resilience and why is it so important for nurses?