Project Nurse Podcast Episode 17: Alene Nitzky
Why and more importantly, HOW does Alene run ultra-marathons including a 270 mile Death Valley Ultra-Marathon
- Tips for starting nursing as a second career at the age of 41
- Challenges of being a new grad nurse in the ICU (Nurses eat their young AND their old too!)
- Breaking free from your job and making the jump into entrepreneurship
- People who should read Alene’s book - Cancer patients, Care providers that treat cancer patients, and Administrators.
- Tips on becoming better communicators
- Should nurses be pictures of health in order to credibly give health and nutrition advice to our patients?
- How to stay healthy and exercise if “you’re too busy” to workout.
- The problems with incentive structures for nurses in the hospital and the impact on nurse retention.
- Are nurse entrepreneurs like me and Alene part of the problem with nurses leaving the bedside?
- How to be a FIERCE nurse!
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN EPISODE:
Buy Alene's Book: Navigating the C: A Nurse Charts the Course for Cancer Survivorship Care
The best scrubs on the planet at Wearfigs.com use promo code: projectnurse15 for 15% OFF YOUR ORDER!