Yoga at home for nursing back problems
The Clip: How to rescue your back
- One of the #1 rules in nursing is to "protect your back", because if you F@#$ it up, you can be in constant pain which disrupts your work and home life.
- Sometimes even the best ergonomics fail you and you still end up hurting your back.
- A study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine followed 320 adults with chronic lower back pain, and found that utilizing these at-home Yoga stretches over the course of 12 weeks was as effective at reducing use of pain medications as physical therapy.
- Here's how to un-f@#$ your back if it's already messed up.
Our Summary of Weeks 1-3:
- The study recommends attending yoga classes in addition to practicing at home for 30 minutes a day. They say to select a few of the following warm-ups followed by yoga postures, and ending with cool down postures.
- Here are some images from the program. Links for the full program will be provided below.